Women conquer all..including SE Asia. This month Brian and I were visited by Momma Jean and Aunt Nan. We spent 4 days in Bali, 4 days in Jakarta, and 4 days in Singapore.
We took day trips to the mountain city of Ubud where we walked through a monkey forest and bargain shopped at the market. We had dinner on the beach, relaxed by the beach & pool at our resort, and ate... alot.
Jakarta was a great R&R between Bali and Singapore. Mom and Aunt Nan got to meet our Jakarta family (thank you to Brian and Mike for making the delicious Italian dinner). We ate lunch at the Embassy so they could see where we work. We took them to some of our favorite restaurants and visited the Monument, Monas. We also took a day trip to Taman Safari where we fed animals, held a monkey, and hugged a tiger. Aunt Nan took an elephant ride while mom and I played with a baby elephant.
Singapore. Oh, how I love thee. Let me count the ways... 1. Cinco de Mayo on the Riverwalk. 2. Universal Studios (shout out to Aunt Nan for conquering Battlestar Galactica with us...holla!). 3. Sky Park, 4. Marina Bay Sands 5. Riverboat trip down the Singapore River 6. etc 7. etc 8. etc
It was a very busy trip but very fun and I'm so glad that the ladies came to see what this SE Asia is all about.
Please enjoy all the pictures from Taman Safari at
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZNmjJy5bNWrm